Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Eating Through My Day- how to plan healthy meals

One of my classmates read my blog and requested that I show what I eat on a typical day. I am also including nutrition facts, pictures, as well as healthy substitutions if you are not on Jenny Craig. I really want to express that you do not need to be on Jenny Craig to lose weight even though it has helped me immensely. Jenny has been a very helpful tool- I have learned how to cut back on my portions and what a standard meal should look like in terms of nutrition.

Here is what I ate today (I eat on average about 1200 calories a day):
Breakfast:
1. Jenny Craig Cinnamon French Toast (240 calories, 5g fat, 3g fiber, 9g protein)
2. Jenny Craig Table Syrup (35 calories)
3. Medium Apple
4. Grande Soy Latte from Starbucks (170 calories, 4.5g fat, 1g fiber, 9g protein)
Healthy Substitutions (Not on Jenny): 
EITHER
1) My Healthy Egg McMuffin (Recipe on my blog)
OR
2) 0% fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 c. granola (Kashi Go Lean)
OR
3) 1 c. cereal with non-fat milk (Kashi Go Lean or Special K)
OR
4) 2 egg (egg white) omelette with non-starchy vegetables and reduced fat cheese
AND HAVE A FRUIT!



Snack:
1. Jenny Craig Oatmeal Anytime Bar (110 calories, 3.5g fat, 4g fiber, 10g protein, excellent source of calcium 20% DV)
EITHER
1) Yoplait Lite Yogurt
OR
2) Special K Bar
OR
3) Fruit Cup

Lunch:
1. Jenny Craig Meatball Stuffed Sandwich (260 calories, 7g fat, 5g fiber, 13g protein)
2. Baby Carrots
EITHER
1) Whole wheat thin slice (100 calories), thin sliced turkey or ham, fat-free mayo or mustard, lettuce, tomato 
OR
2) Can of Progresso High Fiber Soup (Example: Tomato Basil)
OR
3) Large salad (DONT use iceberg-no nutritional value) with 3 oz chicken/tuna/turkey/chopped hard-boiled egg and any non-starchy vegetables (add balsamic vinegar, lemon, or 2 tbsp non-fat dressing)
AND HAVE VEGETABLES WITH OPTIONS 1 AND 2!




Snack:
1. Cup of Grapes
ANY FRUIT (Example: 1/2 banana or 1 c. grapes or kiwi or apple or 2 cutie tangerines etc.)

Dinner:
1. Jenny Craig Chicken Fettucini (250 calories, 7g fat, 17g protein, only 440mg sodium)
2. Vegetables- grilled onions with squash and asparagus
EITHER
1) Whole wheat pasta (fist size) with marinara sauce (about 1/2 cup), mushrooms, zucchini, 3 oz ground turkey
OR
2) 4 oz chicken (I love the Costco rotisserie chicken) 
OR
3) 4 oz salmon with fat free sour cream mixed with dill
OR
4) 4 oz ahi tuna with aioli sauce (kind of like a spicy mustardy sauce) 
AND HAVE NON-STARCHY VEGETABLES!




Snack: 
1. Jenny Craig Pumpkin Spice Cakes (140 calories, 3g fat, 5g fiber, 4g protein)
1) Vitatop (Like a chocolate chip muffin top, heat for 30 seconds-100 calories and very high in fiber! LOVE THIS!) 




DON'T FORGET TO DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!! Remember, it is all about the portion control. A lot of my Jenny meals are high in fiber and protein and very low in sodium, so try and eat food with nutritional value!



Me enjoying my pasta :)

Here is something Jenny Craig just gave me for healthy eating alternatives (if you can read it):


No comments:

Post a Comment