Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Workout Schedule - shout out to a good friend



So far, I have stuck to my weekly goal! Yesterday, I went to the 30 min core conditioning class and today, I took the 1 hour CRT class. At CRT we did about 30 min of kickboxing, 20 min of weight training, and 10 min of abs. I LOVED this class AND my lovely roommate came with me! We made a promise that we have to go to the gym at least 3-4 times a week no matter our homework schedule. Together, we decided to make a Workout Schedule! We went through our gym's class schedule and chose our favorite fitness classes that did not conflict with school. We picked 5 different classes, that way if we're busy with studying for a couple of days, we have other classes to choose from. We talked about our inspirations to get in shape and made an official Workout Schedule! My brilliant idea was to post it on the mirror in our bathroom, so we are constantly reminded to go to the gym. After all, I do spend an hour in the bathroom every morning to get ready.... plenty of time to look at the schedule!

MY HINTS: 
1. Post your goals somewhere in the house to remind you what you are working towards
2. Make a fitness schedule- this could be a 10 min ab workout one day, 30 min walk another day, or 20 laps in the swimming pool a different day. Make a schedule that works for you! 
3. Figure out what motivates you- is it a friend? is it someone you are interested in? a special occasion? your new skinny jeans? 
4. Set aside time in your day- I usually like to workout first thing in the morning, so I get it out of the way and I don't become busy with plans. However, I have senior to finish and night classes are what works best for me! 
5. Be happy- when working out, think about what you cannot wait to do with your new body NOT how much you hate doing sit ups or pushups

I would just like to add, as of today, I only have to lose 10 more pounds to be at the weight I was at when I was 14 years old! That is incredible! 19 more pounds to reach my goal weight of 130 pounds! Those 19 pounds don't seem to be so daunting after already losing 50. But it is always the last part that is the hardest to lose. Don't get discouraged!

 I would also like to make a shout out to a woman who has been like a second mother to me and a best friend....congratulations Susan for losing your first 5 pounds on Weight Watchers! Keep up the hard work! Don't forget that every .5 here and pound there will all add up! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment