Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, It's Vegas Time - time for resolutions


I hope everyone had a happy, healthy, and safe New Years! It's hard to believe it's 2013; 2012 really flew by! Last night I went to The Lab Brewing Company in Agoura Hills, CA with one of my friends. I started out the night trying to be "good". I tried to order a gin and tonic, but with diet tonic water. I have come to realize it is nearly impossible to find diet tonic at any bar. Once I had that failed attempt, it all went down hill from there. I had many sugary drinks and I did not stay on my diet at all. I did make sure that I had a glass of water between every drink to stay hydrated. But I drank a Long Island Iced Tea, Mojito, and a Lemon Drop Martini, none of which are low in sugar.
 So last night I really struggled, but what better way to bring in the New Year than making a New Year's resolution! My New Year's resolution is to keep losing weight (about 1-2 pounds a week) and hopefully be able to wear a bikini by the beginning of summer. I have not worn a bikini since I was 13! The tip is to make resolutions you can actually keep. I wouldn't say I want to give up chocolate because I know that would be completely unrealistic. Make a resolution that is a reachable goal. I know many people do not stick to their resolutions, but I am determined to keep mine. It's time to wipe the slate clean and start from scratch. I am saying goodbye to those 50 pounds and never looking back- always stay looking forward. I had a slip up last night (who hasn't?) and that's why I made my resolution about weight loss.

Also I would like to add, I am finally leaving for my Vegas trip tomorrow that I have been planning for the last few months. Earlier in the year, my goal was to get down to 160 before Vegas (that's a 40 pound loss)! Well I have officially passed that goal and am currently at 152. So now my next goal is bikini season! For my trip I am taking a few of my Jenny Snacks such as honey mustard pretzels, cheese curls, cinnamon twists, and my Anytime Bars. I also went to the market today and picked up some goodies for my friends, but I grabbed apples and bananas as well! When I'm hungry, rather than eating bar food or the pretzels I bought for my friends, I can have a healthier Jenny Craig option. We are also buying alcohol before we go, so we can spend less money. Don't worry, I did not forget to buy the Diet Tonic Water. That way I will make a couple no sugar drinks in the room before going out and I can drink less sugary drinks when I am out at the clubs. My other plan is to just keep dancing! Got to get that exercise in somehow! It's time to start the new year right and just because I am on vacation it does not mean the food and drinks have any less calories, fat, and sugar. Anyway, I hope you make a realistic goal for your New Year's resolution even if it is doing 10 sit ups every night or eating one less slice of bread. 2013 is going to be a great year, so treat your body the way it should be treated for a happy, healthy year!


No comments:

Post a Comment