Monday, January 21, 2013

My Weekly Goal 1/21 - drinking better

I met my goal from last week! Not only did I go to the gym the 3 days I wrote about, I also took an extra core conditioning class! I believe writing my goals down really helps me stick to them because I know I will be reporting back. If you're not already setting weekly goals, I would start. Honestly, I think it will be very motivational! Two days ago I bought a Fit Pass from my school's rec center. For about $80 it lets me attend any workout classes I want all semester long, therefore, I can really stick to the workout schedule I made with my roommate last week. 

My Goal:

I actually just got back from my very first Power Barre class and I LOVED it! If you have taken any Barre Core classes, it is basically the same thing. Funny enough, we do not have a ballet bar in the rec center, so we improvised by turning a step up vertically and balanced on that. The class consisted of squats, glute workouts using our improvised "bar", ab workouts, and weight workouts for our arms and shoulders. It involves a lot of small movements to really focus on one particular part of your body. I really felt the burn and am taking another Power Barre class tomorrow with a different instructor because today was a special schedule due to Martin Luther King Day. Anyway.... the instructor of my Power Barre class today had the best body I have ever seen. For once I feel like I can achieve that body, so I kind of found her to be my inspiration. I have never viewed someone else as an inspiration or a goal because I never thought a tight body could be achievable. So because of her tight booty, flat abs, and toned arms I have decided to make the extra leap. My roommate and I were discussing after the workout class that we need to really start making healthier choices when it comes to alcohol. This week my goal is to try and drink more wine and beer rather than sugary mixed drinks when I go out to dinner or happy hour. If I want a mixed drink, my goal is to get a vodka soda rather than a gin and tonic. Tonic water is sugary like soda and soda water is just bubbly water (I actually just learned this difference recently). If I go out to the bars this weekend, I will allow myself one and ONLY ONE mixed drink that is not a vodka soda if I really feel that it is necessary. I need to stop viewing alcohol as empty calories because it is a liquid. I want to have a toned stomach by the time it gets to bikini season and I need to make this change if I want to get there. So this week's goal is all about alcohol. I think this is going to be a tough challenge because I am a senior in college, but weight loss is not always easy and I need to keep pushing myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment