Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Post Thanksgiving - diabetes friendly pie

I was thrilled to weigh myself this morning because I found out that I had lost another pound even after Thanksgiving!
It is all thanks to my super delicious diabetes friendly pumpkin pie! It's low in sugar and I make it every year. I started making this not because I'm diabetic, but every year we have a gathering of about 20 people at my house and a couple people have diabetes. My family and I wanted them to be able to enjoy a slice of pie, so we came up with this recipe. It only takes be about 10 min and I never feel deprived. It satisfies my sweet tooth and it totally makes my taste buds dance. YUM!

Recipe:
1 c. Libby's Pumpkin
2 c. nonfat milk
2 packages sugar free/fat free butterscotch jello pudding
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1 c. Cool Whip LITE (low fat/low sugar)

Mix pumpkin, milk, pudding, and spice. Fold in Cool-Whip and pour in pre-made graham cracker crust and refrigerate for at least an hour or until it sets.

Enjoy :)

Also, you can check out this blog for another easy to make dietetic pumpkin pie option!
http://fromadietitiansperspective.blogspot.com/2010/11/cooks-corner-pumpkin-pie-recipes-with.html


No comments:

Post a Comment